Discover the Benefits of Aloe Vera for your Hair
In Brazil, Aloe Vera is known generically as Babosa. Aloe Vera is a plant that grows mainly in the dry regions of Africa, Asia, Europe and America. The plant has been known and used for centuries for its health, beauty, medicinal and skin care properties.
The name Aloe Vera derives from the Arabic word “Alloeh” meaning “shining bitter substance,” while “Vera” in Latin means “true.” Some 2,000 years ago, the Greek scientists regarded Aloe Vera as the universal panacea.
Even before that, Aloe Vera was already used in China and its effectiveness in the treatment of hair and skin diseases was known. The Egyptians called Aloe “the plant of immortality” and was used in the beauty rituals of the Egyptian Queen Cleopatra.
Ancient tribes from Mexico and South America also used Aloe Vera to make their hair more beautiful and soft and to speed up the healing of wounds.
Today, the Aloe Vera plant is used in seVeral medicinal functions: it is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antiviral, moisturising, tonic, immunostimulant, regenerating and antioxidant.
Aloe Vera and its benefits for hair
Aloe Vera contains 75 potentially active constituents including:
- vitamins A (beta-carotene), C and E, which are antioxidants. It also contains vitamin B12, folic acid, and choline. Antioxidant neutralises free radicals.
- 8 enzymes to help to reduce excessive inflammation when applied to the skin topically, while others help in the breakdown of sugars and fats.
- Minerals such as calcium, chromium, copper, selenium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium and zinc essential for the proper functioning of various enzyme systems in different metabolic pathways and few are antioxidants.
- sugars isolated from Aloe Vera gel for anti-inflammatory properties.
- 12 anthraquinones which are phenolic compounds traditionally known as laxatives and act as analgesics, antibacterials and antivirals.
- lignin, saponins, salicylic acids and amino acids.
- 4 plant steroids have anti-inflammatory action, possesses antiseptic and analgesic properties.
- Hormones that help in wound healing and have anti-inflammatory action.
- It provides 20 of the 22 human required amino acids and 7 of the 8 essential amino acids for anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
In hair, Aloe Vera treats dry, dry damaged and brittle hair, chemically treated, or with dandruff and seborrhea for hair. It also acts on strengthening the strands and hair loss.
Aloe Vera works by cleaning the hair follicles and eliminating the fat on the scalp which can hinder hair growth. Aloe Vera extract also can rehydrate and close hair cuticles in addition to exerting antioxidant and regenerating properties. It easily penetrates the outer layer of the skin to deliver nutrients to the cells. When an Aloe Vera treatment is used the hair is more beautiful, soft and shiny.
In addition, frequent use of Aloe Vera helps relieve itchiness and inflammation in the scalp. A study published in 1998, and many more after, found that Aloe Vera helps resolve scalp inflammation caused by dandruff. The fatty acids found in the plant have anti-inflammatory properties.
Bet on Aloe Vera to prevent hair loss
There are certain times of the year when the hair tends to weaken and fall out. For many it is a temporary phenomenon; for others, unfortunately, a chronic condition that leads to partial or complete hair loss, known as alopecia.
So, in addition to moisturising and making a deep cleaning on the strands, another powerful benefit of Aloe Vera is that it prevents hair loss. That’s because it acts on the inside of the cuticle, strengthening the locks from the inside out with its numerous properties.
Aloe Vera also stimulates the production of collagen, responsible for preventing the hair from falling easily from the scalp. However, it is important to differentiate between hair loss and hair breakage. In in the case of breakage, the strands break in half, usually due to external factors, such as dryness and excessive chemical.
Babosa Liss – the best choice for your daily hair care
Our Babosa Liss Aloe Vera Collection was developed with advanced technology to provide complete and healthy hair straightening, totally free of chemicals and formaldehyde, for incredible lasting results.